The Beautiful Silence Media partnered up with the Lost Soles sneaker crew to bring to you the Rhode Island Sneaker Exchange #RISXC on Sunday, April 14th at Fete Music in Olneyville. In case you missed it, we present our “23 Things” recap of the #RISXC. Enjoy!
1. The Lost Soles sneaker crew put together 2 Rhode Island Sneaker Exchanges prior to the 2013 #RISXC
2. The Source Magazine’s “Power 30” YouHeardThatNew.com’s Lowkey hosted. We should probably give some credit to D’Usse Cognac too.
3. Over 800 sneakerheads, vendors and supporters attended this year’s show.
5. @Expressionskix raffled off Reebok Shaq Attaqs, Adidas Jeremy Scott Street Balls, Android Hommes, Nike Hyperflights and many more.
6. DJs International Nasty and and Born Casual kept the jams going for 6 hours.
7. This was the first sneaker show held @ Fete music which is New England’s boutique live music venue.
8. -wn? rocked Air Jordan 7 Bordeaux while +S wore her Nike Roshe Run Wovens.
10.The Beautiful Silence’s #RISXC interns, Luckson and Alyssa, spread ‘Silence’ throughout the show.
11. Over 1,000 pairs of kicks were being displayed, sold and traded between three packed rooms and balcony.
12. #RISXC took the show to social media with the hashtag trending on Providence,RI Twitter as well as more than 500 pictures being tagged and uploaded onto Instagram.
13. +S’s one of one Rhode Island snapback was a pick up from Beyond All Reach’s Vintage line at the 2012 #RISXC.
14. Rhode Island’s own super producer, Araab Muzik, attended the show with an icy MVP chain.
15. Noted RI media, Rudy from Rudeboyy.com, Shola and Sam from sorry4theblog.com and Cuca from vividlyalluring.tumblr.com were on deck to live tweet, take photos and instagram from the show. She’s AHS now
16. Celebrated Men’s Wear Photographer Tasha Bleu of Treu Bleu Imagery got some shots of LowKey rocking NEFF headwear before the show.
17. -wn? traded for the Royal Air Jordan 1 and the CNCPTS Nautical New Balance 999 at #RISXC.
18. Covert Connect (@CovertConnect), Slightly Odd Brand (@SlightOdd_) and B.A.R.E. (@bare_xxvi) were all displaying their newest lines.
19. No one bought the Bred XIs. Sorry @TheDiorHomie.
20. @MissCaitosCakes made us a Black Cement Air Jordan III inspired cake as well as sold Chanel, Jumpman and quilted cupcakes at her table.
21. The Beautiful Silence team got adventurous and ate some of the bolder sandwiches available at the Champion Melt Truck. +S ate a peanut butter, cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce melt while -wn? chose the jalapeno, fried egg, siracha sauce and cheese one.
22. +S’s father @IndiaMuseum witnessed the haggling of a pair of DS 2001 Space Jam XIs. He was shocked when “the boy gave the other one money AND a pair of sneakers!”
23. Lowkey was able to convince 4 people to buy him pulled-pork sandwiches from Julian’s food stand.
WATCH ART HOUSE SIXTY’S RISXC VIDEO RECAP